Sunday, April 6, 2008

Snowshoes!

Long ago, I made a pair of snowshoes. I was on a class-taking binge at the time (also learning to scuba dive), so spent a few evenings at Woldumar Nature Center http://www.woldumar.org/ learning to weave some snowshoes that I'd never use. They look cool. They are the old fashioned kind you see hanging in lodges with wood frames and long tails. They were fun to make, but they've never been in the snow. In fact, until recently, I had never snowshoed.

Lots of people snowshoe here. My friend Margie and I decided we should join them. We bought matching snowshoes and matching hats (!) and on a sunny January afternoon, my beau David took Margie and I to Trillium Lake to try out our new gear.

Here is a group shot of all of us: Me, Murphy (David's dog), David and Margie. For good measure, Mt. Hood is in the background.


Here's one of me and Margie:


And, finally, an action photo:

1 comment:

Murphy said...

Boy, I'm a pretty black dog. I'm sure glad my name came out right. I wouldn't want anyone to get me confused with my sister, Nelly. She's a golden, and I'm a flat coat, for Pete's sake. Perhaps Stacy was confused by the identical hats...

P.S. That guy in the photo sure is handsome. I think I will lick his face.