Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hello From PDX

Hello friends and family,

I've wanted to do this for quite some time; here's the first post to my blog.

As you know, I took the Oregon Bar Exam on July 24th and 25th. I can't really express how glad I am that the Bar is behind me. It's been a long time since I've studied and even longer since I'd taken the classes tested on the Bar Exam. I won't know for about a month whether or not I passed. At the moment, I'm blissfully ignorant, trying not to think about it.

While I was very glad to have the Bar behind me, I was not done with the required tests. In addition to the Bar Exam, I had to take a test related to legal ethics. I took that test this past Friday. So, finally, since starting to study for the Bar on May 21st, I'm done with the books. Yay!!

I thought I'd start by catching up, showing you some pictures from our trip out here in March, continuing up to now. I'll do this over a few posts. For all of the pictures, if you click on them, you can see a bigger version of them.

In the beginning of March, Rich and I drove out to Portland on a scouting trip before moving. To avoid the snow in the north, we took the southern route, stopping in Missouri, traveling through Kansas. Not much to say about Kansas. It was flat and hot and mostly looked like this. For my Dad, here's a picture of a long, long train.

After Kansas, we stopped in Fort Collins, CO, staying with friends Trent and Shellie and their very charming young sons, Sullivan and Harrison. Oddly enough, there are no pictures from this stop. But, we really enjoyed their hospitality, particularly Trent's pankcakes!

From Colorado, we drove through the southwest corner of Wyoming. Wyoming is vast and sparse and I think very beautiful. We were excited to see wind farms in Wyoming. If you click on the picture, you'll be able to make out the windmills.

After Wyoming, we made our way through Utah, stopping for the night in Salt Lake City and visiting the immense Mormon temple in the center of the city. Of course, you're not allowed in unless your a particular brand of Mormon, but it's pretty impressive from the outside.

The next morning, we continued north from Salt Lake City, stopping along the way for a long walk through the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. It was a crisp day. Still snow on the mountains.
















I think that's going to be it for now. More to come. Hope you're all doing well and I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Tauny said...

Stacy, what a great idea!! I love the photos and look forward to hearing more about your adventures. I am busy getting Caleb ready for college, working hard (love my new work!), and getting my house ready to go up for sale. Since yours sold so quickly, you will have to give me tips on selling a house. To save an enormous amount of typing, I will call you this weekend! Take care, my friend!!