Saturday, November 29, 2008

September in Michigan

Ok, so this post is a little out of order and a lot old, but I know at least a few people will find it interesting.

In September, I went to Michigan for a few days to see family and take what has become an annual trip to Mackinac Island with my mother. For those 6 people reading who are not from Michigan, here's some info on Mackinac Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackinac_Island,_Michigan

My mom and I stay in a very cool bed and breakfast:


And, for the last couple of years my dad and stepmom, Karen, have come to the Island during my visit in connection with a trip they've been taking involving walking across the Mackinac Bridge on Labor Day. http://www.mackinacbridge.org/annual-bridge-walk-7/

The reason my mom and I go each year is so that I can run an 8 mile race. Here we all are just after my race: Karen, Stacy, mom and dad.

After the race this year, Mom and I explored the Grand Hotel. From the Cupola Bar there are great views of the Straights of Mackinac. Here's my oh-so-arty picture showing a ferry making its way from the Island, Mackinac Bridge in the background.

No comments: