Saturday, November 22, 2008

Super Fandom

Long, long ago, I posted about my trip to Alaska to see two Wilco shows. You may have thought that seemed excessive; my obsession will be confirmed by this post.

Because of my compulsive Type A need to proceed in chronological order, this post reports on my experiences not long after my Alaska trip. Again, I'm writing about Wilco. Yes, I am a Super Fan. I'm ok with that.

This past summer, I went to Bend, Oregon with my friends David and Heather to (1) see Wilco; and (2) do some hiking. At the show, we waited in line for the gates to open. We were early. We got close, really close. Here's a shot taken at about the time when Jeff Tweedy looked me in the eye; I could tell he was thinking, "you were at both shows in Alaska; it's great that you're here in Bend!"


Here's some more Rock Star Photography:



The next day, with ears still ringing, we set off into the woods. Here's a shot of David, me and Heather.
Here's a waterfall shot, just because.

1 comment:

Angie McCullagh said...

That looks awesome. Jeff Tweedy looks far less rock starish than I would've thought. In fact, your friend David looks more like a rocker than Jeff.